Pokerstars will be permanently increasing the guarantees for a number of their tournaments starting next week.
If you pull up some of the tournaments that start in early August on Pokerstars, you will notice higher guarantees. For example:
1. The Sunday Million will now have a guarantee of $1.5 million dollars.
2. The Sunday Warm-up will now have a guarantee of $750,000 dollars.
3. The weekly $215 HORSE event will now have a guarantee of $50,000 dollars.
4. The Super Tuesday will now have a guarantee of $300,000 dollars.
5. The weekly $215 Pot Limit Omaha event will now have a guarantee of $20,000 dollars.
We sent an email to Pokerstars support, and they informed us that these changes would be permanent.
Given how fast Pokerstars is growing, the increase in guarantees can't be all that surprising.
No word as to whether this just applies to the weekly tournaments, or if the guarantees for the daily tournaments will be bumped up as well.
Filed Under: Poker Room News
| Random Poker News