1. He just put in a ridiculous session on Full Tilt Poker that saw him drop as much as $400k, only to come roaring back and finish the day up almost $500k on the site (according to HighStakesDB.com). This included a $330k, multi-way all-in pot that saw his aces hold up, and a ridiculous bluff against "Ziigmund" that saw South make a $171k river bet on a paired board, holding nothing but two pair. "Ziigmund" apparently folded a full house. When all was said and done, South possessed two monstrous stacks of $524k and $407k, having taken significant sums of money from the likes of "Ziigmund" and David Benyamine. This was a near million dollar upswing that will rate as one of the most impressive one-day performances in the history of the site.
2. Since April 1st, South is the second biggest winner on Full Tilt Poker, having banked a total of $1.36 million dollars.
3. Last week, South was awarded $181k by Ultimatebet upon completion of their cheating investigation. He had played a substantial number of hands with the "superusers", and received one of the highest payouts. Sure, this was money that was cheated from him in the first place, but I don't think that he actually expected to get any of it back.
4. He is just about to turn 21 - perfect timing for the World Series of Poker which has just gotten underway.
5. He is a "red" Full Tilt pro and member of "Team Cardrunners".
6. He is currently traveling the world and playing poker.
7. He's in his early 20's and is already a multi-millionaire.
I would imagine that when Cole is looking back on his life, he'll have particularly fond memories of the spring of 2008. He seems to be running pretty good right now.
Filed Under: Cash Game Results
| Miscellaneous Poker Articles