EPT London Final Table Set, High Stakes Results and MorePublished on 2008-10-05 00:14:24
It's Saturday afternoon here, and things seem to have slowed down a bit after a hectic week. Instead of writing one big article, I decided to compile everything into one update. We'll be back with our normal stream of content tomorrow. Here you go:
1. Doyle is Hilarious. Doyle Brunson's blog always seems to make me laugh. Check out this line from his most recent blog entry:
"Back from London and feeling like that train
ran over me again. My wife wanted to go upstairs and make love. I told
her to choose one or the other, I couldn't do both."
You can read the entire entry here. I'd suggest bookmarking this page, as Doyle's blog entries are always filled with comedy gold.
2. Final Table of EPT London set. The final table of the EPT London event is set, and Michael Tureniec currently has the chip lead. Here are the remaining players in the tournament and their current chip stacks:
Michael Tureniec - 1.33 million
Eric Liu - 1.31 million
Antony Lellouche - 1.02 million
Michael Martin - 718k
Philippe D'Auteuil - 476k
Johannes Strassmann - 434k
Alan Smurfit - 396k
Marcin Horecki - 309k
The remaining eight players will be battling it out for the 1 million pound first place prize. The final table will start at 1:30 pm local time on Sunday.
3. John Juanda. With his WSOPE main event victory, John Juanda moves into 11th place on the all-time money list. Juanda now has about $8.7 million dollars in total lifetime tournament cashes - one place ahead of Carlos Mortensen and one behind Men "The Master" Nguyen.
4. High Stakes Results. It's a bit of a slow start to October in the high-stakes cash games on Full Tilt Poker. Gus Hansen has posted a total profit of $572k so far in October, making him the biggest winner so far. David Benyamine has been busy with another deep run in a major tournament (this time the EPT London), and hasn't been playing as much as usual. Other stars are making their way back from London and haven't been playing. I would expect the games to pick up this weekend.
5. Kentucky Domain Name Hearing. There is a scheduled hearing on Tuesday in Kentucky. The "Commonwealth of Kentucky" wants to confiscate some of the biggest online gambling domains, including Pokerstars.com, Fulltiltpoker.com and Bodoglife.com. This is all the result of Kentucky wanting to protect its citizens from the "perils" of online gambling. Anyways, the hearing will take place on October 7th, and the online gambling industry should be well-represented at the hearing.
6. FTOPS X. The tenth installment of the Full Tilt Online Poker Series (FTOPS) will take place between November 5th and November 16th. There will be a total of 25 events, including the $2.5 million dollar guaranteed Main Event. The entire "series" will have a total of $15 million dollars guaranteed. Visit this link for the entire tournament schedule.
Have a great weekend!
Filed Under: Live Tournament Results
| Cash Game Results| King Updates